- Stops flow of powder, allowing for discharge when required. Ideal for use on IBCs and containers.
- cGMP design
- Easy to install – upper and lower half connections can be supplied to match those already at the customers site.
- All parts can be easily dismantled for ease of cleaning and replacing of wearing parts.
- All contact parts are 316L and non-metallic parts are FDA compliant. Full documentation is provided with each valve.
- Can be supplied with an actuator to automate the discharge where a manual lever is not suitable.
- The butterfly valve can be fitted with various additions to improve its working performance, such as a positioner when the customer wants to control the angle of the butterfly vane or pneumatic vibrator to encourage cohesive materials with poor flowability.
Butterfly valves offer the user no real control over the powder flow and will most commonly be found on the inlet and outlet of containers, and on hoppers and pipes.The simple design and working principle allows the user to contain material, and then discharge when required.
Materials of Construction
> Body and Butterfly: Stainless steel EN 1.4404 (AISI 316L)
> Seals: Translucent Silicone, EPDM, FKM (Viton®), PTFE
> Pneumatic actuator
> Ra 0.5 μm internal
> Ra 1.2 μm external
Declarations and Certifications
> FDA Certification (CFR § 177.2600),
> Material Certificate 3.1 as per EN10204,
DN 80, DN 100, DN 150, DN 200, DN 250, DN 300, DN 350, DN 400
Choose another Model
Flexible Butterfly Valve
The flexivalve is inherently the same as the butterfly valve, but instead of a stainless steel vane, the flexivalve is fitted with a silicone vane.
Split Butterfly Valve
The Sterisplit is a split butterfly valve or high-regulation valve intended to move powders safely in sterile or potentially dangerous applications.
Rotary Valve Light-Duty
The light-duty rotary valve is suitable for the pharmaceutical, chemical and food industry.
Rotary Valve Plus
The Rotovalve Plus is designed to aid the feeding and volumetric dosing of bulk solid products.
Rotary Valve Heavy-Duty
The heavy-duty rotary valve is suitable for the pharmaceutical, chemical and food industry.
Rotary Dosing Valve
The Rotodoser is designed for applications where high accuracy and fine dosing are required.
Rotary Crushing Valve
The Rotocrusher is a single-roll lump breaker (rotary crushing valve type).
We understand that standard ‘off-the-shelf’ valves will not always be suitable for your application, and that’s why we offer bespoke solutions for our customers.
Valve Spares and Parts
We can supply all spare and wearing parts related to the Sterivalves range, including technical documentation.