Project Engineer (Essex, Nov 2017) - Hanningfield
Hanningfield is an SME engineering company, specialising in the design and manufacture of process machinery for the pharmaceutical industry. We are expanding rapidly during an exciting growth period and are seeking a driven mechanical engineer to join our team as a Project Engineer for overseeing the successful cradle-to-grave delivery of projects to end-users.
As a Project Engineer, we will depend on you to manage projects against a schedule, organise internal resources (labour and material), create concept designs and communicate with customers. You will be expected to liaise with design, manufacturing and purchasing to bring to life high-quality machines. You will also be expected to develop the technical documentation behind the machines, including risk assessments, CE compliance, ATEX compliance etc.
- Set schedules for projects to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction. Milestones to include design, delivery of key items, manufacture stages, test/inspection, delivery and installation. Deliver GANTT chart to customer.
- Manage full project life-cycle, bringing the project to a successful conclusion, meeting budgetary constraints for both labour and purchases.
- Organise the availability of bought-in items, stainless steel, laser cut parts, stock items and any other parts ready for timely manufacture and assembly.
- Act as primary point-of-contact with customer on specified projects. Understand customer needs and ensure these are fed into the design, manufacture and installation of the project.
- Communicate with customers to give project updates and discuss engineering/technical issues. Negotiate changes to specification or timeline as they arise.
- Work with Design Engineers to create full set of approval drawings, manufacturing drawings, BOM.
Gain formal ‘internal approval’ (design and production) and formal ‘external approval’ (customer).
- Arrange ‘Design Review’ meetings with Design Engineers and Manufacturing Team Leaders to ensure drawings are correct, meet customer requirements and can be easily manufactured.
- Drafting validation documentation for confirming the integrity of the equipment design based upon customer requirements, namely FDS, DQ, PQ, FAT, SAT, IQ/OQ.
- Amending ‘Operation and Maintenance Manual’ to ensure it is project-specific with all relevant safety and operating information.
- Arrange site work with internal engineers and customers. When appropriate, travel to project locations for equipment installations/start-ups and troubleshooting.
- Provide management with weekly updates on all projects. Provide management with ‘Project Review’ at the end of each project. Includes budgets, successes, failures, scope for improvement etc.
This position demands a well-organised team player, with a strong understanding of project management and mechanical engineering, as well as a strong grasp of good business practices. The ideal candidate will help to develop a high-performance, fast-paced working environment.
Skills / Qualifications required:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline (equivalent qualifications may be considered)
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office) and preferably some CAD (SolidWorks, AutoCAD)
- Experience in engineering, manufacturing and project management, preferably in technical / industrial environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and consistently meet completion deadlines
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Prepared to travel occasionally, both domestic and international
- Willingness to apply extra effort if required to meet project/team goals
- Possess excellent English language skills, written and verbal communication skills.
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org